Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Geeky Gamer Revealed

Hello everyone, welcome to yet another great Silven production!

I'm going to start off my first post to the blog with a little background info about myself. At Silven and many other places on the web I am known as Leader Desslok, but in real life my true identity is Mike Thompson, a cog in a major multinational finance company and a veteran gamer. I'm one of the mechanics editors for Silven Publishing, and I also act as a forum moderator at our web site. I am also one of those untried new authors who got his first work published by our fine company; namely, the Races of Twilight series (The Green, The Lutrins, and The Sarkuvans). There's still more volumes in the works, so stay tuned for future updates.

I've been playing RPGs since I was 10 years old, which means I have...uh...um...29 years experience (damn I'm old). I've played all versions of Dungeons & Dragons (Greyhawk is still my all-time favorite TSR/WotC setting), Marvel Superheroes, Villains and Vigilantes, Champions, Boot Hill, Star Frontiers, Shadowrun (1st, 2nd, and 3rd editions), Cyberpunk 2020, Vampire: The Masquerade, Mage: The Ascension, Nightshift, James Bond 007, Top Secret, Mutants & Masterminds (1st and 2nd edition), Talislanta, Renegade Legion: Legionnaire, Fireborn, The Basic System, and probably a few others I can't remember. Needless to say, I've rolled a few dice in my time. :)

As we move into 2006 I'll share some of my gaming experiences as player and GM, toss out some hints and rumors of upcoming Silven products, discuss different gaming topics, and maybe toss out some recommendations here and there. We have a lot of great stuff coming up this year, so stick around for more info!

Mike Thompson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home